כל החדשות על “Shakuntala Devi”
- Seher Aly Latif, Casting Director Of The Lunchbox And Shakuntala Devi, Passes Away Of COVID-19 Complications Filmibeat
- The Lunchbox and Shakuntala Devi casting director Seher Aly Latif passes away; Rajkummar Rao, Huma Qureshi an Bollywood Life
- Seher Latif Dies of COVID-19 Complications; Popular Casting Director Had Worked on Films Like Lunchbox, Shakuntala Devi, Durgamati and More Yahoo India News
- Nimrat Kaur pays tribute to Seher Aly Latif: 'Seher would champion rare talent, and was so ahead of her time' The Indian Express
- Bollywood filmmaker Seher Aly Latif dies due to cardiac arrest The Siasat Daily
- View Full Coverage on Google News
Seher Latif, Casting Director For ‘The Lunchbox’ And ‘Shakuntala Devi’, Passes Away SheThePeople
5 Things to Know About Shakuntala Devi The New York Times
Explained: What was the secret of Shakuntala Devi’s calculating abilities? The Indian Express
Vidya Balan: "'Sherni' happened to me when I was ready for it to happen to me" Moneycontrol.com
מה אנחנו יודעים על Shakuntala Devi
Shakuntala Devi (4 November 1929 – 21 April 2013) was an Indian mathematician, writer and mental calculator, popularly known as the "Human Computer". Her talent earned her a place in the 1982 edition of The Guinness Book of World Records. However, the certificate for the record was given posthumously on 30 July 2020, despite Devi achieving her world record on 18 June 1980 at Imperial College, London. Devi was a precocious child and she demonstrated her arithmetic abilities at the University of Mysore without any formal education.
Devi strove to simplify numerical calculations for students. She wrote a number of books in her later years, including novels as well as texts about mathematics, puzzles, and astrology. She wrote the book The World of Homosexuals, which is considered the first study of homosexuality in India. She saw homosexuality in a positive light and is considered a pioneer in the field.